She's Crying

Ever since I started as a photographer, this blog has evolved from a platform where I only share my work, to something like a sanctuary f...

Ever since I started as a photographer, this blog has evolved from a platform where I only share my work, to something like a sanctuary for me. The safe space where I can truly express my ideas in a way that feels natural to me. It carries the photo projects that are nearest to my heart, and for this one, I decided to speak about something that should be a sanctuary for every one of us; the Earth.

Over the past few centuries, the levels of industrialization and technological advancement have grown significantly. But with all these improvements, the quality of our lives and the quality of the environment we live in seems to be on a downward spiral. The severe changes we are experiencing in our natural environment, as well as harsh climatic and weather patterns, are all evidence of how much we are hurting our world through pollution and extreme resource exploitation. But instead of finding ways to contribute to the betterment of our natural world, most of what consumes us is based on political and social sensations. At some point, we just have to ask ourselves, " What is more important?"

As a concept, "She's Crying" seeks to create an African representation of Gaea, the Greek portrayal of the living force that is Earth. My main objective with this photo project is to develop the living essence of our Earth in distress.

I will not dwell so much on the wording, but let you view the images and interpret them objectively for yourselves. 

Our environment is suffering; Mama Earth is crying. What can you do to play your part?

This huge collaboration was shot with the help of:

Model: Naimutie Nyoike

Brass jewelry: Roelle Crafts, assisted by Chelsea Guya

Body paint: John Ong'ayi
















Don't worry, we cleaned up after ourselves when we were done shooting..
If you may need any more information about this project, please feel free to contact me.
Peace, love, and light! ☀☀

You Might Also Like

0 comments